"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to You, Jesus (Part 1)

This morning as I got our of the shower I could hear Joshua and daddy snuggled up in bed - without me! Yeah Joshua! They were talking about the day. Chad was telling Joshua that he was going to get to open a present. He was describing how Joshua would be able to tear open the paper and that what was inside would be for him AND he would like it! Joshua responded with joy and excitement, "Joshua see it! Joshua say I like it! THANK YOU!"

It was a great start to a great day... our first Christmas as a family of 7!

As my Grandma used to say, "My cup runneth over!"

This is our Joshua Gebeyehu opening his very first Christmas present ever! We were all much more excited than he was! He kept one hand on daddy as he began to carefully tear paper.

Look at his grin as he waits for daddy to get it out of the box. Daddy and Joshua share an absolute LOVE for equipment. So the very first gift of Christmas was the skidsteer that Daddy chose for Joshua. It is just like the one Daddy used to move snow this week. Just like the one that Joshua played in at the shop... and quickly figured out how to beep the horn and turn on the radio all by himself.

Think he likes it? Oh yeah!

Daddy so loves that Joshua shares his love for motors.

Krissy had Brenna's name. She bought her earrings.

Joshua had Sierra's name. She received a chemistry set.

Brenna had Jamison's name. Think she was hoping he liked the gift she chose? He did! It was a balance bracelet.

I had Krissy's name. I bought her a shirt and earrings she had pointed out.

I sat down by Chad and Joshua came running. He said, "Joshua 'nuggle mommy, daddy too!"

Sierra had my name. She chose this snugly robe for me. I love it Sierra! Thank You!

Jamison had his Dad's name. He bought him a t-shirt that says "There is a place for all God's creatures... right next to the potatoes and gravy." Chad loved it! Jamison does not have much interest in motors but he does share his dad's love for hunting!

Joshua's gift from Chad and I was the biggest box under the tree. That always makes everyone curious. Oh, Joshua was so sweet climbing all over the big box to make sure he had ALL the paper off before looking inside.

So what was it? A scooter and helmet! You can tell I have mellowed with age, my little guy is riding a scooter UPSTAIRS! Oh, my! I would never have allowed that years ago. But Joshua HAS to keep moving and this mommy does not like to play in the snow! So because our basement has a large open area for him to ride in, a scooter for Christmas was the perfect gift.

Think he liked the helmet? By the way... could he possible be any cuter? I tell him all the time that God made him beautiful.

God also created Joshua with a very special heart. After all the excitement of opening gifts and playing with new toys, the very first thing my son thanked God for as we prayed tonight was being able to blow out the candle on baby Jesus' birthday cake.

Joshua helped me mix this easy and yummy no bake pumpkin cheese cake. (I should post the recipe because it was yummy and easy!) He asked all evening about WHEN we were going to sing to baby Jesus. He kept our focus on Jesus. (and it was not because he wanted to eat the cake, Joshua does not like sweet desserts. He did not eat a bite.)

Our family's favorite snack is popcorn. Chad and the kids bought me this fun popcorn popper. Brenna and Joshua were so excited to watch the popcorn pop. What fun it was to make and eat!

Chad likes to buy the kids a gift to share. This year he chose the Kinnect system for our Xbox 360. I have to admit it is fun! I can hear my family laughing hysterically as I type! I am not a fan of video games but this one has the kids moving, laughing, and connecting! You did good babe!

Daddy getting into the action. He just came upstairs all sweaty, telling me he feels like he just ran a marathon.
Brenna and Sierra getting some big air on the rafting game.

I wish you could hear the laughter downstairs. Absolutely precious memories being made in our home all week. (We have 2 Christmas and 2 birthday celebrations that will happen in the next 7 days - so many more memories are waiting to be made.) I am so thankful for these simply joyful moments!